 Dear LEGO / 3572
Re: Minifigures in Legoland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:16:14 GMT

I recall, on our visit to Billund in 1980, finding an incredible Space
display inside a glass case.  I think it was in the store, but I'm not
sure... that was a long time ago.  This was in the time of blue/grey classic
space with yellow windows, and they had a monstrous base with a
compound-angled ramp built up of stepped plates running up the front.
Covering and surrounding it was the whole then-current space line.  Wow.  We
still have a slide or two of that display.

Recently, the Mars truck tour came through town.  It had some pretty neat
displays as well that were along these lines.  So they do have model
builders that occasionally work in minifig scale.

Now this past summer, I went down with my train club, PNLTC.  We set up a
pretty darn impressive minifig-scale display that mostly filled the
pavilion.  I think it would be great if the Legoland parks would do this
more often- bring in fans of the brick to set up their stuff.  Ongoing
displays would be really wonderful as well, as there are only so many
visitors on a given weekend.  There could be cases set up in various places
around the park (restaurants, shops, etc.) filled with themed displays that
live there for months at a time.  And I bet that a lot of us here would love
to have a case of our stuff at the park for an extended period, even if it
did mean that we didn't have use of those parts for that time.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com