 LEGOLAND / 138
Re: WENT to legoland (wasRe: GOING to Legoland Sat, 1/13)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.legoland
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:18:16 GMT

Remind me NEVER to make a one day run to SoCal again!

I started off late as I slept through my alarm (no great surprise, I went to bed at
1am and had the alarm set for 2am).  I left at 7:15am.  Driving "just a bit" too
fast, I made it to LLC around 1:30pm (450 miles in 395 minutes) by taking the 405.
Got my Bulk shopping done and left there by about 4pm.  Then the fun began...

I took the 405 again on the way north, not realizing that it would bypass
Disneyland.  I wanted to hit Downtown Disney.  I realized I missed it when I hit
Six Flags :-(.  I headed back south again, and hit the Disney exit at around 8.  It
took OVER AN HOUR to get from the exit off of 5 into the parking garage!  Did my
shopping at Downtown Disney (didn't buy a thing, the Lego shop there was overpriced
and had nothing I wanted that LLC didn't already have), left there around 11pm.

Got home at 3:45am Sunday.  WAY too long of a trip for one day!  20.5 hours, 16-17
of it was driving.

Good points of the trip:
LIC didn't have ANY Opening Day bricks left, but an employee had one in his pocket
and gave it to me.  I then asked all the other employees, but noone else had any -
at least I got one for me.
I saw Dennis Rodman leaving Downtown Disney ;-)  Couldn't get my camera out fast
enough to get a pic before he got in the superstretch limo, though.

I managed to get some Shell sets at about 6 Shell stations.  I goofed though - I
was so out of it by then that I THOUGHT I had picked up 20 1254s, when I had really
gotten 10 1254s and 10 1255s.  If I would have realized that, I would have hit more
Shell stations for more 1254s.  I didn't find a single 1256, and only ONE 1252 and
2 1253s.

I hit the Shell just south of Six Flags right before heading south again to DD.
They had NO Shell sets, but still had the signs out.  So I asked if I could have
the signs.  The girl at the register said I could take them, then looked under
their counter.  They had NEVER put up the pennants, had a box FULL of them!  I got
them all (I haven't counted, probably 6-10 ropes of them), grabbed the 3 "Lego
Inside" signs, and grabbed the signs showing 1246-1251 from off of 2 pumps.

Bad points:
Pure exhaustion.  I was wiped out for the rest of the weekend, and was out sick
from work yesterday.

mfuss903 wrote:

So how was the trip?  I see you got shell sets, lol.  It looks like we took
advantage of the same sales at legoland (town folk, legoland truck - etc).
So tell us about the trip.........

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
So the 125x sets are still on sale at Shell stations down there?  If so, COOL,
I'll fill my car with them on the way down/up(leaving some room for bulk
bricks)  ;-)