 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / Search Results: wheel sets
 Results 841 – 860 of 1413.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) "every problem has a simple solution. Unfortunately, it's often wrong" Just thought I'd toss that out to ponder. (...) Great advice in general. Not a valid response to Geoffrey who is asking "why can't we have this part back that we don't have (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Ummm, is this true? Aren't there any kids out there without access to a Toys-R-Us who perhaps count on the Shop At Home catalog to fulfill birthday and Christmas lists? If the Shop At Home stuff is just for adults, then why don't they put out (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

<snipped all of it> Brad, See the above posts and one thing is clear, we want more legend sets. :-) As far as modifying design due to current limitations, use you common sense. We do not want a Galaxy Explorer without wings. ;-) But we do understand (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

After reading the other comments from other members, I think I actually have changed my mind a bit (I offered my comment on Friday, when you first posted your message, now I've had a weekend to think about it). The more I think about a Legend, I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

I agree with the majority here in saying that as long as the "tone" and "feel" of the sets remains intact (without juniorization), then changing out of parts is fine. One thing though: please no stickers. They are just cheap and as has been (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I have to disagree with this. For me, one of the things that make this set a Classic/Legend is those horses you had to build yourself. I would even balk at, but could accept, the change in the knights' helmets and the requisite change in the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Actually, I recall trying to adapt different helmet and hairstyles to older sets, and I have sometimes found that they did not fit. Certain hairstyles in Town can only be used in vehicles that have sunroofs or no roof, and in Space certain (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) While I see your point, Richard, I think the crux of the matter, and perhaps the ultimate answer to Brad's original question is this: In order to keep development/marketing costs down for LEGO Direct, rather than trying to figure out what (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Brad, I'm willing to accept any changes you have to make in order to get some of the old castle sets (including 1592 Castle Town Square or the Weetabix Castle). As for things like metel axles or ventless minifig heads... I have plenty. Paul (...) (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) This is a bad idea. If you don't stay close enough to the original, AFOL's will not like the set. If you don't Juniorize some of these sets enough, it won't be cheap enough to sell to kids (with parents who aren't AFOL's) at your local TRU. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  what makes a legend?

We're having a debate here in the ABS-paved halls of LEGO Direct that I'd like to throw open to the community. The topic is: what makes a LEGO Legend a legend? Or, more precisely, if we cannot bring back a set precisely as it was (or pretty darn (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Brad: IMO, a Legend is a "best-of" in terms of quality, set design, elements selection, utility, and attractiveness. I personally don't mind if different non-juniorized parts have to be substituted, but it is very important to me that any (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

First off, let me thank you for going out to the lego community like this and actually asking us what we think about this. It shows us you are aware of us as a relevant source for opinions. My other great hobby apart from lego is that I am a huge (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I hate to argue against a fellow AFOL, but I've collected since 1978 and I have neither of the sets you mention. In those younger years, I was lucky to get one copy of a small or mid-size set in those themes. So, my point is, there are some in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) The solution here seems obvious... and free. Use more plain old regular bricks in the design of future sets. No need for new molds. No debates over specialized/juniorized parts. And best of all, more good old fashioned bricks with which to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Well, I would think it to be a good idea if LEGO released accessory kits to go along with the legend theme. The voting thing is okay, but I'm looking for a re-release of a classic space set and more castle sets! Anyways, keep it up! You're doing a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I would have to say that what made Lego such a great toy in the 80s was the level of sophistication in the design. That sophistication is why you have a huge adult follow up these days. This is how kids play: the get the toy, examine it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.865)

  Re: what makes a legend?

"Brad Justus" <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message news:GLH3tC.Iw@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) and (...) mistakes (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I am still thinking about how to answer all of your questions but in the meantime, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.864)

  Re: what makes a legend?

Two things that make a classic for me: a good design and interesting, useful, versatile pieces. I don't care about the wheels as long as the new design looks good, but a club car without the cool windows isn't a club car. Had you not been able to (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.864)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I too would say, "Why not do both?" I think the spirit of the Legends series is great. Even if slight mods are needed to re-produce, the idea that I can get certain older sets that I missed the first time around is thrilling to me. The Guarded (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

sets
(score: 0.864)

More:  Next Page >>