 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 823
Re: Lego blew it AGAIN...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:21:08 GMT

F.Y.I. : http://www.legotechnic.com does work for me (but of course, I am using a
MAC ;-). It actually redirects to http://www.lego.com/legofinder/technic.asp

Gilles

Ben Gatrelle wrote:

If they don't offer, ask them to reimburse you for your expenses plus a little
extra for your time.  Take it in LEGO sets if they'd prefer it to cash.
BEN
In lugnet.lego.direct, Sean Harrington writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:
I got the 8458 Silver Champion a couple of days ago.  In the instruction
booklet, it shows a web browser (looks like Netscape on a Mac) open to
www.legotechnic.com.

OK, fine, go to http://www.legotechnic.com ....

Unable to locate server.

<sigh>

Here's a penny, buy a CLUE!

Yeah, the funny part is that I bought the legotechnic.com, legotechnic.org, • and
legotechnic.net domain names about two months ago (check out the WHOIS • database
and you'll see it's pointed at my DNS servers, just like my macgenius.com
domain is...). I hadn't reviewed the "Fair Play" policy regarding NOT allowing
the Lego name in a domain or URL, so YES, I am out US$105.

I immediately contacted Lego corporate and apologized up and down, citing a
momentary lapse of reason. I was contacted about three weeks later by a very
nice person in Enfield, CT who has been working with me to transfer the domain
names. The silly points are...

- The domains still aren't transferred.
- I registered the domains probably about the same time as those manuals were
being edited and blue-lined, so obviously somebody at Lego screwed up.
- Why wouldn't a company have registered these domains, especially considering
the fact that it contains BOTH of their two most recognizable trademarks?
- lego-technic.net and org are also still available
- I still love Lego (and yes, Lego, Inc.) enough to still transfer the • domains,
even though I'm out the cash...

- Sean