 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 80
Re: Bulk Orders Online DB: useful?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:32:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jeff Johnston writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Troy Cefaratti writes:
How would you ensure that one person, or a small group of people, didn't
skew the result in their favor by requesting the parts they want a million
times or something like that?

It sounds like he's envisioning something that would "track" the things
you wanted - so you would say something like, "I want 20 1x5x6 grey castle
walls", and it'd show up: Troy Cefaretti, 20 grey castle walls.  If I
wanted them too, I'd put in how many I wanted (say 30) and the program
would say that people want 50 walls - Troy wants 20 and I want 30.

You mean like lets_buyit.com? (I think thats the name?)

Apologies for posting to this NG
(If I need to set an appropraite follw up let me know.)

Alex