 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 76
Re: Bulk Orders Online DB: useful?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:44:52 GMT

Randy,

How would you ensure that one person, or a small group of people, didn't
skew the result in their favor by requesting the parts they want a million
times or something like that?

Troy

Visit Troy's LEGO® Brick Store!
http://troy.simplenet.com/lego/store/

Randy Anchikoski <ranch@writeme.com> wrote in message
With the ability to purchase many of a single element directly from TLG in
the not-to-distant future, I had the idea of developing an on-line • database
to track demand for an individual element.

My initial idea was to simply take online requests based on the • colour-type
combination, or element # ideally.  The results of the requests would be
publicly available in HTML format, or Excel/Access/CSV--whatever.
Individuals would have the ability to add, subtract, & modify their • entries.
The site would not be 'secure' in that I don't have SSL, and everything is
in plain text.  However, there is no intention of handling any money or
transactions, just supply data to the web community.  There are many
inherent faults in this concept, but would it be useful?  To TLG?  To the
community?

Randy

--

Randy Anchikoski