 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 72
Re: Bulk Orders Online DB: useful?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:25:29 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Randy Anchikoski writes:
With the ability to purchase many of a single element directly from TLG in
the not-to-distant future, I had the idea of developing an on-line database
to track demand for an individual element. • [snip]
There are many inherent faults in this concept, but would it be useful?  To
TLG?  To the community?

This idea would:

1. Provide a wokable and reasonably democratic marketing tool for TLG to probe
the market demands.

2. Reduce the amount of "please", "can't we have this or that" and nagging
mails.

3. Possible disadvantage: Could create a "minority being ruled out effect". I
mean that certain elements that a few people realy would like to order but are
not interesting enough for the majority, maybe never make it to the list of
elements that can be ordered. There would not be any "surprises".

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.