 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5484
  Re: What a downer :-(

There will be 3 great (big) technic sets in august. A firedepartment truck in red, a shovel in yellow and an RC street car in silver. paul wolters, netherlands (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) What?? How do you know that? - David (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) What, if it is true that's great news (and I said technic is alive did'nt I 8^)). But if it ain't, many people who have read your post may be very dissapointed. So please, we need some proof, some evidence. P.S what do you mean by shovel. Is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) It woud make commercial sence as Megablocks make a large red fire engine. Fire engines I guess would alway be popular with parents and grandparents. In my opinion though a model team style model would have more appeal to the public. If it's (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

While I can't reveal my source, I can confirm that Paul is correct. Though the Technic fire truck I saw wasn't red but black and lime green, kind of like an airport fire truck. There is a yellow backhoe that looks quite large. Also there is a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) These 3 sound like the 3 models seen in some catalog pictures a while back. (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) No offense to you personally Robert, but I sometimes wish that those people who "can't reveal their sources" would simply not post the information at all. I realize that sometimes they are just trying to be helpful, or to scoop a story before (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H866vt.tF@lugnet.com... (...) Well, here in Sweden the city fire trucks are red, but the airport ones are mainly yellow (and a red streak). I'm sure I've seen lime green ones (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Sorry, I should have clarified. I was really speaking in hyperbole for effect. More accurately, I feel that for traditional reasons standard city fire trucks (pumpers, ladders, tillers etc.) should be red. However, as has been pointed out, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lime green firefighter vehicles

(...) Well, that same site also features Indianapolis Int. Airport "Green Hornet", which I think looks pretty good (URL) link might not worm - look under new desktop photos) Here is another firetruck with the same paint hue (URL) I do like lime (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Lime Green fire tricks were big in the 70's. Sometime back in the late 60's early 70's someone did a study and came to the conclusion that people see the Lime Green colors better in traffic. As a consequence, ALOT of city's painted their trucks (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Sorry, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)