 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5464
Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 18:43:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
Taking the low road...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/Misc/wheelsset-mod.jpg

But what to do if you don't have a dremel or file? Anyone experience with
sending the wheels back to LEGO Consumer Service for replacement?

Only heard about a few Germans who did it in October, when this thread popped
up.
They all got wheels with at least 75% bad ones among them. As long as TLC (or
the involved third party producer) has not done a design change back to the
old mould shape, there is no help in the consumer service.

Don't forget that there are a lot of kids having train sets (especially with
the Sinterklaas [December 6] / Santa Claus [December 24?] period) and are
not aware of this LUGNET site either.

Yes: that is the worst part on this whole topic. We adults can work it out
with a sharp knife or something else. Kids (and first time consumers) will not
know that they have a bad wheel set. They might think this kind of quality is
normal. Especially IF they ask for replacements and get once more bad wheel
sets.

And remember some of the service persons even told the claiming consumer the
Santa Fe engine was a display model only and not meant to be driven. I hope
they have been informed now about this problem and have an idea how to
handle it.

Would be nice, if Jake could give some feedback on this topic.

Past week someone visited me and got
the same problem with his Santa Fee witch couldn't pull 3 or 4 cars. I told
him abouth this known problem, and checked my trains too. I found out that i
own 26 bad wheelsets (8 grey and 18 black).

I guess this was one question on the LEGO EVENT 2002 with Brad Justus, and i
seems to remember that he said we could contact our local consumer service
for replacement.

Right. But the consumer service needs intact replacements to help. I hope they
got those..... (Only Jake could tell.)

Leg Godt!

Ben