 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3457
Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:38:44 GMT

Don't get me wrong, I think legends is one of the most phenominal things
ever (that and the Sopwith Camel).  I've been a FOL since I was 2, but just
had to supress it for a number of years due to lack of funding. My prior
experience with LD/S@H/TLC has been impecable (I'm still on a buzz that they
replaced a number of lost pieces for my 6984 at no charge!!!).  I'm in love
with the Metroliner like anything.  That's why, after all the eons of
covetous salivation...then the announcement they'd be re-issued...then the
additional month of back order...then the mispacking...then the *sigh* blue
windows I keep hearing about...well, surely someone out there is obcessed
enough to empathise!!!
As far as the absence of my Club Car, Customer Service sounded very
surprised at my predicament and said they would send "another one" which
should arrive in 5-8 days.

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.trains, Mike McKee writes:
My Delux Metroliner kit FINALLY arrived to the west coast today, also
missing the Club Car....
bad enough waiting an EXTRA month for this shipment, but this is really
unsetteling.  LD has not really been shining on this one it seems.

You must be a relatively new AFOL, Mike.  You may have had to wait a month or
two, but consider that there are many AFOLs who have been coveting Metroliners
and Club Cars for literary *years*.  For these sets (and any sets, for that
matter) to have even been reissued *at all* is quite unprecedented and is worth
noting.  It's all a matter of perspective:-)

-John