 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3189
Re: now arriving for advance orders... metroliner and club car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:17:12 GMT

Yes, you will need a regulator.  But rather than spend full retail, I suggest you
post to buy-sell-trade and ask for one there - many people have WAY too many
regulators in their collection (especially if they parted out 4561s or 4565s like
I did), and you can most likely get one much cheaper, brand new, from a Lugnetter.

Or check on Brickbay.

Jason Maxwell wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Andrew "AJ" Jones writes:

BRAD, good looking out, i pre-ordered, but is this including speed regulator
or will i need to purchase it sepretly if so i will need to add it onto my
order so let me know please, thanks you or if anyone knows for that fact.

Andrew,

I just heard for sure that there is no regulator included in the Metroliner
set. You will need to purchase that separately

Stupid question time.  This being my first train set coming from Pirates and
Castle, is a speed regulator required to run the train?  Or is it just a
good thing to have.  Given that I'm buying a Metroliner, Club Car, Admiral's
Flagship, and Enchanted Island this month I'd like to hold off purchasing it
for a little while, but I'd still like my train to run!  8-)

Jason