 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3163
Re: now arriving for advance orders... metroliner and club car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:35:05 GMT

Brad & All,

As I'm sure everyone is now aware, the Metroliner (formerly 4558, now 10001)
and Club Car (formerly 4547, now 10002) are the next arrivals in the LEGO
Legends line. I'm please to announce that both sets are now available for
preorder through LEGO Shop At Home (currently, phones only -- they will be
available for online ordering on LEGO.com by the end of the week).

Great news. I will wait for the internet ordering!

The sets are being offered at their original retail prices -- $149 for the
Metroliner and $37.50 for the Club Car. There is also a special "Deluxe
Metroliner Kit" (K10001): both sets together for $167 (not a bad deal, eh?).
The sets are due into the US from our factories in mid-September; we are
currently planning on shipping to our customers (you) on September 17.
(Those of you in Europe will very likely receive your sets a few days
earlier.) We'll keep you updated if these dates should change.

Excellent. : )

The next LEGO Legend will be released early in 2002. (Though, I hasten to
assure you, there are still more exclusive products yet to come via LEGO
Direct before the holidays *this* year.) We anticipate at least 4 releases
in the LEGO Legends line in 2002. Though I can't comment at the moment on
what the possibilities are for future releases, please be assured that it is
our intention to embrace as many of our current and past themes as possible;
so Space and Town addicts, fret not: your time will indeed come (I just
can't tell you exactly when that time will be...). Furthermore, we will
select at least two of the releases for 2002 in part based on a poll to be
taken on LEGO.com (and perhaps via the LEGO Club as well) early in the year.

Oh, you are so evil, Brad! : ) I can't wait to see the Space and Town entries!

The very positive response to the release of the Guarded Inn has been very
gratifying for all of us at LEGO Direct -- and we hope that you find as much
pleasure in the arrival of the Metroliner and Club Car (I know I'm looking
forward to getting mine...).

Indeed. I just want to say super work, and I am looking forward to more.

Scott "Dreaming of various sets now...." S.