 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3186
Re: now arriving for advance orders... metroliner and club car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:42:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Matt Nourot writes:
I haven't been keeping up with all the postings but I am wondering, is there
any reason to keep my MIB metroliner "MIB"? Does anyone know if the 10001s
will be any different? I've been holding onto my original as kind of an
investment or something to open up when the time was right. Now it looks
like my investment has diminished market value (like an internet stock) and
I might as well open it up and start playing already. No bitter
disappointment here, but the opinion of AFOLs would be appreciated.

My guess is that the pieces in 10001 will be structurally different.  As an
example, the inside of a lt grey 1x6 brick from 1993 *might* look different
from a 2001 copy (I stress *might*).

One thing I am pretty sure of is that the stud on the heads from the
original minifigs will be solid, whereas the new ones will be hollow.

But to the untrained eye, 10001 will look identical to 4558.

-Bryan

P.S. I am by no means an expert in this stuff!