 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2243
  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) To further your own analogy: Why don't you use your work e-mail here? Probably because LUGNET is part of your "home life" and not your "work life". Your employeer may (or may not) want their name associated with LUGNET. Your employeer may even (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) I don't think anyone has any issues with the desire to be clear about whether a post is personal opinion or an Offical Statement. But that can easily be done without restricting where posting happens, and in fact WAS being done, the T&C (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

"Mike Faunce" <mike@faunce.com> wrote in message news:GABnBu.GK5@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] When I first participated in LUGNET I did use my work e-mail. I started using a different e-mail address because all (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) But, they are different than most. Their work life and home life (assuming they are AFOLs) coincide. I guess I've been on the other side. In the last two jobs I've had, one of my employeement conditions was that I not use my work e-mail in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like that big a deal to change your e-mail address back and forth to indicate official vs personal. It's just as easy to do that as to include a disclaimer when posting personal items. But, truthfully, I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) OK, so this makes what - 3 people that *understand* this? Compared to the vast majority that do not *applaud* this action, hmmm. (...) So that makes this an un-official post and should we disregard it? You have *no* official capicity here in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) I would not go assuming that. Just because the "vocal majority" does not like this right now does not mean that only 3 people agree with Todd. Remember one of the dynamics of Newsgroups is that people that disagree with a situation are much (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) True. We don't know the actual number of agree/disagree/undecided. Probably never will. My gut tells me more disagree, though, at least for now. Yours may differ. (people tend to think others agree with them) But irrelevant, ultimately. It's (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)