 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *414 (-20)
  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

Ian Sinclair <sinclair@cadvision.com> wrote in message news:39643b6f.527169...ion.com... (...) Maybe that is the case, but I've seen one report that the facilities they use are fed from a set of huge silos containing raw ABS materials in different (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) No, they are not. They are worth whatever someone wants to pay for one on a given day. That's it and that's all. I suppose if it were MISB and just A+ all the way (not my experience for eBay, mind you), perhaps one might argue for the premium (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000 05:52:48 GMT, you wrote: Benjamin, either I didn't do a very good job on my initial post or you didn't read carefully enough. If you read my reply to Erik Olsen, you'll see that this reorganization of primary and secondary lines (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) Opps... Thanks Geoffrey. It was late, I have no other excuse. <ICS> (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

Erik, you raise many excellent points. I outlined the core idea, the plan is in the details. Some thoughts on what you have said. (...) Erik, if TLC has production lines than currently run unmanned, there is no reason a different organization of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Ian Sinclair <sinclair@cadvision.com> wrote in message news:3963efd5.607927...ion.com... HOW TO DO BULK SALES IN THE 21st CENTURY ~~~...~~~ Be prepared, this is long... I hope you find it is worth reading. I think it is time we stopped guessing (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  RE: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

One minor problem with all this...If TLG were to decide to do this, then they would end up putting a sizeable percentage of their machinery to work on the production and filling of customer orders. This machinery would therefore not be available to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

(...) Ian, I think you started off on the right premise--we're all guessing. But then you go on to assert that your scheme would be cost-effective. What makes you so sure? You've set forth a tidy scheme, but the numbers are still an unknown. Can be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Bulk Sales in the 21st Century

HOW TO DO BULK SALES IN THE 21st CENTURY ~~~...~~~ Be prepared, this is long... I hope you find it is worth reading. I think it is time we stopped guessing what The LEGO Group's real costs are. None of us know; period. Some people with actual TLC (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Bulk Prices!

That's all well and good, but isn't there a fixed minimum cost below which one cannot go - IE in order to turn the molding machine on and have it churn out bricks from the designated mold wouldn't there still have to be a minimum cost incurred for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) <excellent price / cost analysis snipped> (...) A few points to consider in the price analysis: I believe the 1200 piece buckets, and other, similar offerings, are kind of a loss leader for Lego; they don't aim to make a profit on them, but (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) I remember seeing this in RTL and market.theory<?>. Recently picked up 15. Auction off everything but the black and green. When I saw the bulk prices from LD I began thinking maybe I should hold on to some. I believe there is another tub (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Additions at Lego Direct

(...) Thanks for the heads up! True to form though, there is no mention of the third page from the first page of the Bulk Ordering pages (not as of 1:35 pm pacific time). Of course, some of us are guilty of such ommissions from time to time...but (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Additions at Lego Direct

Hiya Everyone, I didn't see a post of this, so I thought I would pass the word. A third page has been added to LD site. It seems to cover most of what everyone was talking about here as far as product errors! Keep building! - Jim Foulds (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  and bulk packs update as well...

Please excuse that I keep replying to my own e-mail, but I've just seen that TLC has added a thrid page of bulk ordering as well (for the mix-up pieces, I guess): (URL) Christian --- xTI@N. P.S.: Note that I usually reply slow... ---...--- The World (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spreadsheet to order from Lego Direct

Bryan, thanks for your kind words! Good name, too. In the next version I may add a link to Partsref - since I'm still working on a modem myself I'm sensitive to the size issue. I do hope to keep it up-to-date as the selection improves - somebody (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spreadsheet to order from Lego Direct

Heather, That is a really great spreadsheet! I hope you continue to upgrade and share it with the community as Lego Direct expands their product line (with real train doors & windows please!). It's funny... Using your tool, I came to the realization (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Spreadsheet to order from Lego Direct

I used Jason Catena's very useful table of sets available from Lego Direct and made an Excel 97 spreadsheet that calculates total cost of an order when you fill in how many copies you want of each set, including discount and shipping. It's at (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Bulk Prices!

(...) What do you mean the 1200 piece buckets are discontinued? Where did this information come from? I've never seen a posting about this topic. I find it odd that TLC would deprive the general public of basic bricks when many of them have no idea (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I am looking for a roof brick.

(...) Hmmmmm, yes gray is rarer than yellow, but it was not available to the public (was it?). One could make a case for saying that any colors not available to us, but available to the model shops for LEGOLAND buildings are the rarest. If these (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact