 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *3464 (-20)
  Re: what makes a legend?

Hi Brad, I think Matthew has pretty much got it bang on here - I agree that the helicopter instructions were great in the Mania magazine. The new version of the model had the same spirit as the original one, even though some of the bricks were (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

  what makes a legend?

We're having a debate here in the ABS-paved halls of LEGO Direct that I'd like to throw open to the community. The topic is: what makes a LEGO Legend a legend? Or, more precisely, if we cannot bring back a set precisely as it was (or pretty darn (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Only 1 day left!

(...) Cross posted for Jake ---...--- -All, Just a quick reminder that there is only one more day left for the first round of LEGO Direct items on eBay's Auction for America! Check out the auctions at: LEGO 20" Giant Mini-fig Display figure - Red (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Only 1 day left!

(Please cross-post as is appropriate. Thanks!) All, Just a quick reminder that there is only one more day left for the first round of LEGO Direct items on eBay's Auction for America! Check out the auctions at: LEGO 20" Giant Mini-fig Display figure (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: soccer coupons

I received no coupons at all... what about us (I saw others post the same thing!) Todd #949 "Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GLD53t.7M5@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) some (...) for (...) of (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 Metroliner Errors - Getting parts from LD

(...) I had to use a little more force than I thought prudent, but it finally went in. (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Don't get me wrong, I think legends is one of the most phenominal things ever (that and the Sopwith Camel). I've been a FOL since I was 2, but just had to supress it for a number of years due to lack of funding. My prior experience with LD/S@H/TLC (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today (Florida, USA)

(...) I had the same problem, though it seems like nothing was skipped in my instructions, just a reprint of the prior step. I just moved on to the next step and didn't see any changes, and when I was finished I didn't have any parts left over (well (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: soccer coupons

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GLD4vz.72x@lugnet.com... (...) The coupon that has the bus on it is actually valid for one of thre sets of which the bus and the Super Sport Coverage are both included. I was confused when I first looked (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  soccer coupons

The soccer coupons that came in the recent Mania Magazine were printed incorrectly. The front side does not match the back side. I would like to use these, however I don't want to be hassled at the store. Is there some way we could get a corrected (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner parts and instruction sheet

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: ... (...) ... Hi Jake. I did exactly this -- unfortunately, the process still needs some adjustment. Here's the e-mail I sent: --- I received two copies of K10001 (10001, 10002) this week (order # (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) Also in California, I have to add here that this is one of the coolest things LEGO has done yet, reissuing a regognized "great set" like this Train kit. My 4 (five in March) year old already loves LEGO and LEGO Trains and we offered him *any* (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) I agree. My shipment of 3 Metro's and 4 club cars arrived Monday. (Vancouver, BC Canada) It was part of my club's order. Dean (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

(...) You must be a relatively new AFOL, Mike. You may have had to wait a month or two, but consider that there are many AFOLs who have been coveting Metroliners and Club Cars for literary *years*. For these sets (and any sets, for that matter) to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

Mike, I received my Club Car today. The reason I was told by LD for the split up of the kit was a packing error, but at the time of my call the Club Car sets were back ordered. I would definitely call, as they put in a work order to get your (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10001 & 10002 arrived today

My Delux Metroliner kit FINALLY arrived to the west coast today, also missing the Club Car. It's after closing time for the LD folks on the opposite coast, but they'll hear from me first thing in the morning. It was bad enough waiting an EXTRA month (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

Scott, you have been asked, twice, to keep this topic in .debate yet you repeatedly redirect it back to lego.direct. How rude. The lego.direct newsgroup is for direct communication, not prolonged discussion. You are in violation of the charter for (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

(...) Do understand that question? A person who gives 100% altruistically will/may not shout about it - so we would not know. (...) I have said why. (...) I doubt it at the current prices, but they were serious bids if that is what you are asking. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: eBay's Auction for America

Scott A wrote: That is not my main point. My point is that by giving a little they will also gain. I did not view it as a 100% altruistic effort on their part. So what??? Show me *anyone* who gives 100% altruistically-- it doesn't happen. My point (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact