 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2469 (-10)
  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:GCz2Du.2xw@lugnet.com... (...) How can a company that is losing money be satisfying its customers? regards lawrence (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I thought you said you read the Cluetrain Manifesto? I had a chance to hear one of the authors and one point he made in his talk is that companies can, and should, choose which customers to satisfy and which to write off as not being a good (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I doubt LD is responsible for the current rumors. They probably haven't told anyone outside of LEGO what they are planning. They most certainly told everyone else inside LEGO because that is required for production (of anything) to occur. It (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) Noted! I didn't mean to address that part specifically to you, but I was on a roll. Dave! (one may infer from the tone of my invective that I have likewise signed no NDA nor had private communication with TLC or any of its tentacles.) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I think that's a bit of an absolutist portrayal, don't you? The point is that people have been trying to explain *why* it is the way it is, not trying to defend it or say it's necessarily the right way of doing something, given infinite time (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:>> I guess I still don't get it. I'm trying to think of an example of how LEGO (...) I defy you to point to a single MegaBloks product (other than basic brick design itself, of course) that so closely mirrors (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) I largely agree with you and Suz about the intent of the summit. But I don't have a problem with LEGO manufacturing interest in their product. I see advertising (including posts on LUGNET, leaks, summits, etc.) as a very good thing. It gives (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) For the record, I have never signed an NDA with LEGO and I have not had any private communication with LD in a long time. KL (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

Kevin Loch wrote: <snip> (...) Well said! I would even go so far as to say that LD is the best thing going on in TLC right now. Even as TLC strays woefully away from the concepts which made the toy company the greatest in the world, LD is (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)

(...) You're bored? I have to listen to the endless drumbeat of "like it or lump it", "you should feel lucky LEGO sells us anything" talk. (...) A company not satisfying its customers is doing something wrong. (...) This is a great case in point. (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact