 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2419 (-20)
  Bad Policy #1 (What's the deal, LEGO Direct?)

The recent offering of old service packs on shop.lego.com has got me upset over what I see as a bad policy of LEGO's: no shipping outside shop-at-home territories. There are people over here in the US begging to buy these old and rare service packs, (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section

As some of you have already noticed, we recently launched a new section of LEGO.com: (URL) the Build section has some content that might be of interest to Lugnetters and AFOLs in general -- and will hopefully have more in the future -- I thought I'd (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.lego.announce) !!

  Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories

(...) My suspicion is that if these parts were available in the US that there potentially would have been fewer total buyers. Why? The deep pockets eBay resellers would have snapped them up pretty quick. The quantities are pretty low (one of the (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories

(...) I'm sure I'm not the only castle fan who was really brought out of their Dark Ages (in my case, since 1984) due to the introduction of the Star Wars line, just as Castle was slipping into it's "mini-ice age." The only Castle I saw on the (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories

(...) I think it's quite plain and simple: back then, nobody needed the service packs. All you had to do is buy a set - at that time you would get a good set with a lot of good parts. Now, however, since the parts are ridiculous, there is a high (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories

(...) They whole reaseon that I never ordered before when they were available waay back when they were "new" was that I did not have the available cash or a general trust in mail ordering from Shop @ Home. When the 1999 assortment hit, I became a (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories

(...) Agreed. Guild of Bricksmiths probably accounted for at least 15-20 of those orders (I put in three, expect to see a new design from MTW using garage doors if I get filled). No doubt a lot of US fans did not have the infrastructure (i.e. a (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories

On Sat, 5 May 2001, Richard Marchetti (<GCuy5F.n25@lugnet.com>) wrote at 10:22:27 (...) Between approx. 22:30 BST on Wednesday and 17:00 on Friday, 192 online orders were placed at S@H Europe. This is based on my order numbers. Given that many (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories

(...) Agreed. You can't turn a profit if no one is buying your goods. However, I feel that what is offered to Lego customers in Europe should be available to Lego customers elsewhere in the world. If it costs a little extra to ship to the US, then (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories

(...) Huh? I fail to see any reason for them not to keep listing the accessory packs in the catalogue until they are sold out (what's it take up , an inch or two per item?). You are asserting that they pulled these packs from sale so they could do (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  All this fuss about service packs and accessories

Funny, but with all the fuss on lugnet these last couple of days about shop.lego.com in Europe selling old service packs and stuff, and demands that lego do same in USA, or start making them again, I have to observe that the reason they stopped (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Trains, Garage Doors and more, oh my!

Is there a chance that they will offer the garage doors again? They are very popular and I am sure they would sell very well. Rose "Bob" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GCu096.Fp6@lugnet.com... (...) now. (...) as >many in stock as first (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Trains, Garage Doors and more, oh my!

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: <snip> (...) Yesss...sss! (...) Nooo...ooo! (...) Some are better than none :-) - Bob (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Trains, Garage Doors and more, oh my!

(...) Oops...forgot to paste my footer: --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Trains, Garage Doors and more, oh my!

Wow, now this was a crazy week! This is a week that will forever live in garage door infamy! Some interesting info I found out this week: 1. New Mass Customized trains! They were live in Europe, but are now live in the US as well! Check them out at (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hello? Are you there, is the US getting the packs?

Chances are good, since they show on a search of the US site. I guess it depends on if they already set some aside for the US or not (and are hopefully on the ship). If not, they may all disappear in Europe, though a bunch will still make it to the (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Hello? Are you there, is the US getting the packs?

Ok, my first message didn't get a reply, so I will try the direct method. Will the US get these parts packs that have shown up in Europe? A reply would be greatly appreciated. Rose (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: shop.lego.com - 4 steps forward, 3 steps back

(...) Listen, you bassoon, stop with the puns. Or at least (as has been drummed into your head before) set XFUT correctly. .direct has been trimmed from the FUT. ++Lar (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: shop.lego.com - 4 steps forward, 3 steps back

(...) Yeah, that would be tuba(d) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: Where to start

(...) ones, I know the sealed ones keep the tires soft longer, but... Also latly I'v found that some parts in the bulk brick tubs and other sets have had a blck film on them, then you get it on your hads and it travels around your parts. Josh (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact