 General / 30054
Re: All this fuss about service packs and accessories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 11:23:09 GMT

On Sat, 5 May 2001, Richard Marchetti (<GCuy5F.n25@lugnet.com>) wrote at
10:22:27

In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Is the fuss just a few people who crave these pieces, or is there genuine
demand?

I think we represent genuine demand.  For each vocal person on Lugnet, there
are probably dozens, if not hundreds, of persons that would do exactly as
the vocal person does...but I am just guessing.

Between approx. 22:30 BST on Wednesday and 17:00 on Friday, 192 online
orders were placed at S@H Europe. This is based on my order numbers.

Given that many people will have made more than one order, like me, I
reckon there's about 100-150 people who've shown enough interest to
order, and that includes anyone ordering other stuff as well.

Hardly the opening of the floodgates.

On the other hand, if there was enough stock to last the week out, more
of the less savvy people would see what was there & possibly have a go.

But is it worthwhile for TLC?

I doubt it.

For the volumes concerned, I think they are showing a lot of goodwill by
shipping some of this stuff to North America.
--
Tony Priestman