 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1794 (-20)
  Re: Guess who paid for those eToy Lego bargains?

Maybe we could look at it as proof that people want to pay less overhead on larger quantities of bricks, or in other words -- they are willing to pay closer to a wholesale price on multiples of the same sets. If AFOL were to be stuck paying full (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego distribution problems?

Dear Lego, I always try to shop at locally owned businesses when there is the option to do so, rather than go to the big chain stores. The city where I live (Santa Cruz, California) has a neat little toys and games shop downtown called Game-A-Lot (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III

(...) You can respect it without understanding it. (...) If/when you do, remember that you mustn't share the information here on LUGNET unless it has been obtained legitimately. That's part of the T&C, and please respect it. (...) I don't know if (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III

(...) Perhaps they'd prefer all their competitors and cloners not see them yet. Or maybe their agreement with Universal prohibits it. Or maybe they'd rather save it to be news at Toy Fair. Or maybe there's still something about the models that they (...) (24 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III

(...) Hm, if LEGO can release these facts now already, then I don't understand why they can't give us the images of these two sets right away. They *do* have images already. I know that because I have seen them. I'm pretty sure the set numbers are (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Yes, while the number at Lugnet may be small, each of us has a wider reach than might be first thought. I buy for myself, and my daughter. She goes to 10-12 birthday parties a year. These children get Lego from her as presents, for some it has (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  another voice from the first summit

I have to mind the NDA we all signed, but I'd like to offer a few more comments after attending the First LEGO Train Summit this weekend. In case you don't know, "NDA" stands for "Non Disclosure Agreement". Basically, we cannot talk specifics about (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) And the Studebaker company isn't selling a lot of cars these days even though the Gullwing was an elegant, high quality machine. So was the Avanti. (...) In the area of web sites they have... and *thank goodness* for that. (1) The technology (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) lol BION, I'm pretty sure I never uttered the sacred phrase "8 wide" to Brad at all. In the pic where he and I are laughing, I think we were talking about one of your MOCs, Lar >;-D (...) We *almost* needed it for SteveB, though;-) (inside (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

(...) Well, from what I've heard of Billund and how happy employees are to take trips to cities, it wouldn't surprise me ;) That doesn't stop me from wanting to go to Billund someday though... :-D Nevertheless, I'm impressed too! (...) I'd love to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

(...) Well, then I'm really impressed :-) (either that or they really wanted to sample the NYC food and just figured while they were in town, why not drop in on the summit...) Frank (who wishes he was there, but figures he'd have been a duplicate (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:G895BE.KBC@lugnet.com... (...) Pizza To Go was available on the shelves. IIRC it was only available for a year or two, but was a VERY popular set. I have 1 copy, and I wouldn't mind a few (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

(...) That's true. I would like to see sets reminiscent of Pizza to Go and the Ristorante set that I believe we in the U.S. could only get through S@H. Maggie C. (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Maggie Cambron wrote in message ... (...) she (...) BTW). (...) remember (...) really (...) MacFrugal's. (...) But then this brings up the pink bricks issue, not all girls are fans of pink. I would be happy with some non-violent sets that have a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I certainly do. Did any of you happen to go into the store and find out what this Revolvolution stuff is? (URL) first I thought it read "Re-volvo-lotion", and I was thinking it might be something useful for the interior of my car... however, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) My sons are ages 5 and 7. The younger one loves to build and can easily build sets labeled ages 8-12, for instance. The worst trouble he has is finding the pieces, so I agree with Rose that the newer inside packaging into separate poly bags (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) But do they have to be mutually exclusive? --Todd [followups to .general] (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Apple Computer, Inc. understands this! (...) TLC should hire Steve Jobs! --Todd (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"lawrence wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesf...rve.co.uk> wrote in message news:G891v5.BHJ@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) sorry. Marketing strength will BEAT product quality every time. regards lawrence (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G891Jy.AqG@lugnet.com... (...) Think they finally realised that having a the best product does not mean you automatically get the best sales. Marketing strength will be product quality every (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact