 LEGO Company / 3574
  Dear LEGO Company,

Dear LEGO Company, I am very sad to hear of your latest news closing the packaging and distribution in Enfield, Connecticut and scaling back nearly 75% of the work force in Billund, Denmark. I appreciate the tough times that the toy industry as a (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) <Snipped for length> (...) You aren't alone, Todd, I agree with 100%. Long live LEGO. Anthony Sava AFOL for life League City, TX (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

Todd, Very well stated! My sentiments exactly. For those of us who have friends or acquaintances at TLG, it is especially distressing. Unfortunately this has not been the first turbulence at the Lego company. - The 1972 transfer of the Samsonite USA (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) Lego has numerous ways out of getting out of their mess, so to speak. #1) One feature I would like to see is allowing people to "sell" their works through Lego Designer, for, say, 5% or 10% of the selling price. This would allow a community to (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) Sounds like a decent idea. (...) Ok that sounds completely ridiculous. LEGO has said time and time again that their primary audience is kids, not AFOLs. Even if the average AFOL spent $500+ per year (and I'm making this number up), we'd still (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) That was briefly mentioned at BrickFest last year (and I mean briefly, as in a passing reference). There was mention of keeping track of sales of LDD models, and if one was popular enough, the builder would be contacted. I don't know what has (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) I'd just like to say this might be a major nightmare. I have painful visions of thousands of low-quality models that you'd have to page through to find the occasional gem. If you had a direct link that you could put on a website, that would be (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) An interesting concept, although I'm not sure I quite follow it. Currently, you can purchase other people's designs for the normal price. Even if you couldn't directly through the website, you could sell downloads of your LDD files, and have (...) (18 years ago, 5-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) Thats with anything, though. (...) This was the method I actually had in mind. I'd be very nice to allow the builders themselves to market the product instead of Lego needing to... well, Lego wouldn't even have to care. They'd just have to (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) You could just buy your own LEGO Factory designs, mark them up, and stick a Paypal button on your website. And S@H shipping is so fast, you could have "just-in-time" inventory. Admittedly the CafePress model is much nicer, but I don't see TLC (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Dear LEGO Company,

(...) Yeah, but then I have inventory lying around and other nastyness. Also, paypal is a very untrustworthy company, and it would be safer, for both me and my customers, for me to get a merchant account instead. (...) This is basically what I'm (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)