 LEGO Company / 3581
Re: Dear LEGO Company,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 01:39:28 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Patrick McFarland wrote:
#1) One feature I would like to see is allowing people to "sell" their works
through Lego Designer, for, say, 5% or 10% of the selling price.

This would allow a community to quickly grow, and also allow Lego to use and
sell designs and make a profit, where otherwise they wouldn't have designs
people want. Lego can't fill niche areas, but individual builders and
designers can.

I'd just like to say this might be a major nightmare.  I have painful visions of
thousands of low-quality models that you'd have to page through to find the
occasional gem.

If you had a direct link that you could put on a website, that would be
different.  For example, I could see a train club having a particular model on
their layout, with a link from their website to where people could buy it.  If
the model was good enough, it might be a good way for clubs to make some money
to cover operating costs.

JohnG, GMLTC