 LEGO Company / 3579
Re: Dear LEGO Company,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:14:44 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Patrick McFarland wrote:
#1) One feature I would like to see is allowing people to "sell" their works
through Lego Designer, for, say, 5% or 10% of the selling price.

Sounds like a decent idea.

#2) More kits for adults. I don't have the statistics infront of me, but I
bet AFOLs outnumber children customers.

Ok that sounds completely ridiculous.  LEGO has said time and time again that
their primary audience is kids, not AFOLs.  Even if the average AFOL spent $500+
per year (and I'm making this number up), we'd still be a drop in the bucket for
LEGO's overall revenues.

#3) Compete with Megablocks instead of ignoring them. They are dangerous to
Lego as a competetor, and Lego's lack of popularity in Japan and other
Asian countries is not a good thing at all.

I agree that LEGO should be more aggressive in competing with MegaBloks.  But I
don't know how you can claim that LEGO lacks in popularity in Asian countries
(ok maybe in China, where clones are rampant, but have you seen the number of
Japanese builders on Brickshelf?)...

-Bryan