 LEGO Company / 2518
Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies - Observations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:47:19 GMT

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

I also have parts (within the same packing bag ) of both new brown and old
brown, new dark grey and old dark grey.  I haven't looked at the light • grey
close enough but I suspect I have new and old light grey as well.

[ ... snipped ... ]

This past weekend I finally sat down and did a first pass sort on the Spirng
Cleaning boxes I have acquired so far.  I have 4 4400 tubs from Kroger, 6
4562 boxes from Walgreen's, and 6 4679 tubs from TRU for a total of 14,200
elements.

With the number of unusual colors in these sets I decided to do a color sort
first.  With so many colors I was curious how many different ones I would
come up with.  From my purchases I ended up with 54 different colors.  Yikes
that is a lot of colors!

Some of the things I found:

-  Four different shades of purple.
-  Four different shades of pink.
-  Five different shades of orange.
-  Both new and old grey.
-  Both new and old dark grey.
-  Both new and old brown.
-  Minifig heads in flesh, black, sand blue, bright green, and brown.

While I knew there were quite a few colors in these sets, I never would have
guessed 54.  It is hard to imagine that TLC ever needed to produce these
colors and maybe they have concluded they don't which may be why they are
being cleaned out.

Here is a picture of the various colors:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mpw/misc/dscn4492.jpg

Much to my chagrin, I haven't encountered ANY click hinges in the Spring
Cleaning items.  If there were any elements which should be cleaned out,
click hinges would be at the top of my list.  I guess LEGO continues to see
them as a Good Thing.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com