 LEGO Company / 2511
Re: Spring Cleaning Goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 16:05:03 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mike Walsh wrote:

I also have parts (within the same packing bag ) of both new brown and old
brown, new dark grey and old dark grey.  I haven't looked at the light grey
close enough but I suspect I have new and old light grey as well.

Yes, I have seen this happen. I keep a small white baseplate with sample parts
from all the colors so that I can do actual compares when sorting parts. When
the light gray/bley parts are put next to the samples (under a bright light),
its rather obvious which is which.

Interestingly, the instruction book contained in the 4562 box is idential to
the one contained in the 4400 Kroger tub and is marked with set numbers 4104
and 7830.

I think those are in there for the few NAFOL's that happen to buy one of these.
... more 'spring cleaning' ;)

Ray