 LEGO Company / 2505
Re: Shop At Home Free Shipping once again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 02:49:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh wrote:

"Allan Bedford" <AllanBedford-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

I can't say that I remember that one.  I just pulled out my 'Holiday 2003'
catalog and it's got a kid on the front looking at a catalog with his own
picture on the front.  What time of year did the 'Greatest Gifts' version come
out?  Was it possibly distributed in only certain areas?

In what way was it aimed at adults?  I'm curious to know how it was different
than the regular catalog.

Regards,
Allan B.

Anyone else notice that the 2004 Holiday Catalog features LEGO sets which
are most like those of the early 90's?  The BSNF locomotives, the Engine
Shed, and Main Street are the sets used to make of the cover.  Interesting
.... seems that the catalog designers are partial to the same type of sets
many of us are.

I noticed that after you pointed it out, since I had only really looked at the
tree the first time I saw the cover.  :)

Then I looked at the tree again.  Did you notice the octagonal piece that they
used on the top of it?  They used this piece:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6039

Although the set (at least the one I bought last year, and the one they show
inside the catalog) actually has this part as the top piece:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3688

I wonder if they are simply taking artistic license on the cover, or whether
they've actually changed the parts in the model.  Has anyone ordered/received
this set this year?  Just curious.

Nevermind.  :)

A clever co-worker pointed out to me today that the tree on the front is bigger
than the actual set inside.  So apparently it's just 'art' and not a real
product.  LOL

Sorry for any confusion.

Allan B.