 Marketplace / Shopping / 11839
Re: Shop At Home Free Shipping once again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:53:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Maggie Cambron wrote:

   I have no background in marketing, so all I can really say is that it appealed to me and I intuitively know it was intentionally created to do so. As for the difference in contents, I would estimate the average set featured in this catalog was probably double the price of the average set price in the general Holiday catalog. It had a two page spread featuring the ISD (with the RBR tucked up in a corner)-- and keep in mind the catalog was wider than the normal ones. And the other themes all seemed to have their high end sets showcased.

Anyway, I think it came out this time of year (Novemberish). And I would guess it was widely distributed (maybe to people perceived to spoil their kids with large S@H purchases during the year).

I got one. I agree with Maggie’s characterization of the types of sets featured in it. Further, I feel the same way about the targeting, (with no hard evidence, but with a strong feeling) that she does, it was targeted at adults.