 Marketplace / Shopping / 11834
Re: Shop At Home Free Shipping once again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:55:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote:

My apologies for replying to my own post... I forgot to mention one thing
though.  If anyone from LEGO happens upon this thread, I think it's worth at
least *thinking* about publishing a parents copy of the Shop At Home catalog,
even if it's just once a year, before Christmas.  In other words, a catalog with
'big people' words in it, not the sort of "Wowee!!" stuff that is written for
kids.

Think of it almost like a Tupperware catalog or any of those companies where
someone acts as the liason/salesperson and gets people they know to place orders
through them.  People in my office... presumably in offices all over the
place... go nuts for these things.  They order candles, kitchen appliances,
magazines etc. from different people who bring the catalogs in.  I bring in the
Shop At Home catalog, but we're really putting together our own program, not the
sort of thing I noted in the other products above.  But what if there was such a
thing?  Something that encouraged groups of parents/adults to place large
orders... especially around this time of year?  It seems to me that there is a
sales avenue that could be explored for relatively little cost to the company. I
watch what the folks in my office order, both from other companies and with our
LEGO order, and I'm certain that if the items weren't presented to them like
that they wouldn't have purchased anything at all.  Turn that around.  Present
LEGO to them in an even more interesting manner than already exists and I wonder
how much more they would buy.

They did something like this last year.  Not exactly for group orders but
definitely aimed at the adults.  Remember The Greatest Gifts for 2003 catalog
that had the gold LEGO brick with the red and gold ribbon around it?  When I
first glanced at it I thought it was a Godiva Chocolate gift catalog.
Yum!  My two favorite things-- chocolate and LEGO!  The catalog was impressive
and I hope they put out a similar one this year.

Maggie C.