 Marketplace / Shopping / 11832
11831  |  11833
Subject:
Shop At Home Free Shipping once again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 23:16:43 GMT

You've probably all seen this either in the most recent catalog to arrive, or on
the website. But I thought I'd once again mention what we do at my office at
this time of year.

This will be our third annual 'LEGO Order' that will be going in next week.
Basically, I take the Shop At Home Catalog into work and pass it around to the
moms and dads I work with. Some use that, some use the website to decide what to
buy.  The Advent Calendars (and the Creator board games before they were
discontinued) have proven to be very popular and get ordered in multiples.

We benefit, by ordering as a group, in two ways.  One, we all get free shipping.
Since our group order is always over $99.  This helps those who might not
otherwise order if they had to pay shipping because they were ordering less than
that amount.  Yes, we are all very stingy, but hey.... free shipping, right?

Second, once we get enough bulk packs ordered we all also get the 15% discount.
Again, those who might only order 1 or 2 get the benefit of the discount offered
by larger quantities.

So if you're not ordering with the folks from your office.... why not?  Take the
catalog in, find someone with lots of room open on their credit card and make a
big order.  It's fun, it gets people at work talking about LEGO (can that be a
bad thing?) and everyone saves money.  Oh, and the LEGO company makes more money
than they would otherwise have made since it's likely that some of the people
who go in with the group would not have ordered anything on their own.

Everyone wins.

Best regards,
Allan B.