 Marketplace / Shopping / 11838
Re: Shop At Home Free Shipping once again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:34:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Allan Bedford wrote:

I can’t say that I remember that one. I just pulled out my ‘Holiday 2003’ catalog and it’s got a kid on the front looking at a catalog with his own picture on the front. What time of year did the ‘Greatest Gifts’ version come out? Was it possibly distributed in only certain areas?

In what way was it aimed at adults? I’m curious to know how it was different than the regular catalog.

Here’s a pic of the cover:

I have no background in marketing, so all I can really say is that it appealed to me and I intuitively know it was intentionally created to do so. As for the difference in contents, I would estimate the average set featured in this catalog was probably double the price of the average set price in the general Holiday catalog. It had a two page spread featuring the ISD (with the RBR tucked up in a corner)-- and keep in mind the catalog was wider than the normal ones. And the other themes all seemed to have their high end sets showcased.

Anyway, I think it came out this time of year (Novemberish). And I would guess it was widely distributed (maybe to people perceived to spoil their kids with large S@H purchases during the year).

Maggie