 Inventories / 334
Re: peeron inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 01:06:40 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Dan Boger wrote:
John Patterson wrote:
Corrections sent to inv@peeron again are not getting posted.  It has been a bit
since they did a few.  And again I am finding a lot of mistakes in the
inventories.  I still stick by the 95% figure.  By posting changes needed or at
least noted in the inventory here you all can see the problem with the
inventories.  I would suggest if you need an inventory be suspect of any that
say they were done from the instructions (again I have not gotten to the smaller
sets, most of what I have been doing for the last 6 months were larger sets and
buckets.)

John - I certainly agree that you shouldn't assume an inventory made
from instructions (or pictures for that matter) is 100% correct.  That's
exactly the reason why we specify the source of the inventory in the
first place!

As for updates, once again, I'll point out that the *volunteers* that
take care of these updates do so when they have a large enough blocks
free time.  And to be frank, your demands and accusations are just
making this less fun to do, which only reduces the time people will want
to give to the project.

I really appreciate the work you're doing, and the corrections you're
sending in.  They *are* being processed and considered.  Just please
accept the fact that some things might take more time than you'd like.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks Dan.  I don't believe that I made accusations about anything.  I just
said that it is taking a long time to make the corrections.  I realize that
there are volunteers and I would be willing to volunteer.  I do not think that
it takes more time to correct than what it takes me to figure out the correct
inventory.  Do you not agree that the inventories have a major problem?  Perhaps
I expect too much, I was just commenting on the time it takes, which is a fact.
I come from 24 years in the military and then I managed a corporation for the
next 14 years.  I just took it very seriously when mistakes were made and
corrected everything that I or one of my soldiers or workers did as quickly as I
could.  Not only am I sending you corrections (and it takes a lot of time to
figure things out starting from an incorrect inventory), I am sending in tons of
sets of pictures, sets not listed, many part pictures that you are missing and
sticker sheets that are not listed.  All this does take a bit of time and I just
told people that it is taking a rather long time.  That is better than letting
them think that the inventories are correct.  The pictures of sets get posted
quickly, the parts pictures so-so and the corrections slowly.  I made only a
partial list of sets with incorrect inventory which users should know about.  I
didn't say anything nasty just stated the state of what is happening.  Do you
not agree that it is important that people know that these inventories are
wrong?
I really do not want to get into a long drawn out he said she said thing.  I
will just post what I find, send the corrections to you and let what happens
with them happen.  I will make no editorial comments that may be construed as
"not nice."  It seems that a lot of people here are more concerned about how
something is said rather than what is said.  I noticed that on the back and
forth comments about Brickfest and their profit if there is any.
John P