 Instructions / 372
Re: Future Plans list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 21:38:19 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Jake McKee writes:

One thing I would like to see (and have spoken with Sean Kevin about it) is
to have LPub able to spit out files necessary for Web instructions,
including the thumbnail image. You can imagine a .zip file that can be
easily uploaded to Brickshelf.

I would also love to see a functionality within MOCpages that allows you,
when adding a new creation to specify that the creation is not a MOC, but
instructions for a MOC, and point at the BS link with the images uploaded
from the LPub .zip.

I like both of these ideas

I would be willing to make these for other castle submissions and submit
them to you or host them on brickshelf.  (Actually, I already did this and
emailed the castle people but they did not respond. See the thumbnails here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=38796 )

That's great of you to do. One problem you may have run into is the valid
email issue. In the registration process, users are asked for a valid email
address. However, I wasn't verifying that email address. So we ended up with
a number of users who have bad email addresses.

Yes, that could be it.  I'll try again.

But thanks so much for your enthusiasm and submissions. Great work!

Your welcome!

Another idea that might be interesting is a "how to make instructions" page
for newbies.  It could have links to ldraw and lpub.  In addition tips on
thumbnails, numbering steps, sub assemblies, and proper descriptions could
be included.  All of this could be advise and not required for users.  It
might help in the creation of more user friendly instructions.

Ben