 Instructions / 371
370  |  372
Subject:
Building Instructions Portal - Verified Email Address
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 21:28:02 GMT

All,

Quick note to let you know that as of today, you will need to have a valid
email address in order to post to the B.I. Portal. Since the launch of the
Portal, there have been a number of people who have signed up with fake/bad
email addresses, which has caused a couple of concerns:

- I get alot of emails from people asking if I know how to get ahold of a
certain BI author. They may have questions or need info but can't email the
person directly.

- There have been several instances of inappropriate content being uploaded
to the Portal, which I am hoping to eliminate if I have some "validation" of
users/uploaders.

Let me also mention that the ONLY time you will get email from this
registration process is for system wide issues (registration, privacy policy
updates, or other major site news), or if you have opted in to the
newsletter. Otherwise, you won't get anything. I WILL NOT ever sell this
information. Ever. Never.

I will be working on adding a "NOSPAM" addition (a la LUGNET) to the email
addresses so that they can't get skimmed. This should help to avoid any
spamming.

At this time, all accounts are locked. If you have already registered, login
like normal. You will be taken to a personal info page, and asked to verify
your info. Once you submit this form, you will get an email with your
activation code and instructions.

This functionality is still in beta, so if you have any problems, please
drop  me a line at sink@NOSPAM.countersinkdg.com.

Thanks!
Jake

---