 Harry Potter / 975
  Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???

(...) If you have the non-defective stairs, a jumper brick placed directly below both the bottom and top-most steps should secure the staircase in place. (There are probably other schemes that would also work as well or better, but a jumper brick (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???

(...) You have the beginnings of a good idea, but I am not sure your current suggestion would work for the top-most stair (unless I misunderstand what you meant). What is your attachment point on the top stair? I can certainly see some possible (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???

John: You were right in the essentials, you can certainly use a plate beneath the lowest step, and then a short series of plates descending to the uppermost step to lock the staircase into place (without getting fancy, you'd need a minimum of three (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???

(...) This all depends on your building's structure, but assuming you have the stair case leading to a second floor landing, etc., a jumper brick (or other mechanism)could a) be extended from a few bricks beneath your second floor and behind the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???

(...) Your missing the point, it isn't the sliding, it is that some pieces, 26% in my case where a totally different key system and when using these bricks they leave major 1/16th in. gaps in between the steps. Lego is already planning to replace (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???

(...) No, you are missing the point. This is a subthread we are onto in this branch of the thread -- the subject had become how to improve the freely moving step configuration, and John had an excellent, even elegant, solution. Your originating (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???

(...) This issue was an easy fix, and will make the stairs not slide at all. Of course what WOULD have been nice was for Lego to have the bricks where they do not slide. Oh well. P.S. I know what you mean, Pic isn’t necessary Doyle (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Anyone else notice the stair problem???

In lugnet.harrypotter, John Morgan writes: Oops, sreplied to the confirmation a little late (I hate that thing), oh well. (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)