 Harry Potter / 85
Re: Harry Potter Schoolbooks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 02:57:23 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Katie Dokken writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Benjamin Medinets writes:

the main problem is that I can't find book 3 anywhere...it isn't available
yet on paperback, and I can't find any copies of it on hard cover.

Interesting.  Stacks and stacks of books available here.  Have you tried buying
it through Amazon?

Katie

I've seen it there, but haven't made an attempt at purchasing it through
there...
give me a couple weeks, I'll probably end up breaking down and buying it...
:-)

Benjamin Medinets

I got the 3rd book and read it the first night I got it...that was a 400
pager and I read it in about 5 hours.  Hardcover ofcourse...which looks
is wierd because I have book 2 in Paperback.
The thing I really liked in the book is Harry's increasing prominence at
the school (he was a key figure in Gryffindor winning the Quidditch cup)

*** - side note - *** I'm haven't read the 4th book yet, but I'm hoping that
at the end of the series that Harry and Hermione become Head Students and
Ron becomes a Prefect.  Again, I haven't read book 4, but I also hope
that in the last couple books, Ginny Weasely becomes less shy around Harry,
and that they begin to have a romantic relationship....I'm hoping that
they'll be 9 books...Harry at Hogwarts (Years 1 through 7), Harry visits
Ginny (Book 8), and Harry becomes Hogwarts the permanent Defense against
Dark Magic .... just some of my wishes *** - side - ***

The thing I didn't like about book 3 is no real role of "he who must not be
named" in here....I like how the Animagi are introduced....and the conflict
between Hermione's cat and Ron's Mouse and the aftermaths.
I also really wasn't impressed with how much of the story was left undone at
exam time...that meant a lot of the plot happened in the last couple days of
the school year....speaking of Animagi, what do you think of the
prospects of Harry Developing that side of him...we already see his gift of
the serpent-speak and also his ability to make something happen (explosions)
with just thinking about them....

Just some things to ponder, and I look forward in seeing what you guys will
add....just don't tell me too much of what happens in Book 4...

**** My current Inventory ****

Book 1 (Sorcerer's Stone) Hardcover
Book 2 (Chamber of Secrets) Paperback
History of Quidditch Paperback
Book 3 (Prisoner of Azkaban) Hardcover

I've seen the VHS video on JK Rowlings in a store but didn't really
think it was too impressive....