 Harry Potter / 71
Re: Harry Potter Schoolbooks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 02:42:25 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Katie Dokken writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Nick Cameron writes:

The two school books are very small but filled with excellent info.  I • thought
they were highly entertaining, and I think I paid, $3.98 or something for • them?

Katie

School books? Do you have a link that shows them?

NICK

Yes!  The schoolbooks came out about March 12th? or something.  Anyway, first
week or two in March.  They are called, Harry Potter Schoolbooks: Quidditch
Through the Ages, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  Amazon has them
for $7.98 (for both).  They are supposed to be sold as a set but I bought them
locally, and the book store would allow you to buy one or the other if you
wanted.  Why you would want to, I don't know.  Wouldn't you want both?  Anyway,
they are small books but crammed full of information.  One or both of them has
"fake" Harry scribbles in the margins, as if this was his book.

Try Amazon at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0439284031/o/qid=986563405/sr=2-1/107-82
58373-1272562

Katie

I glanced at the beasts book and wasn't overly impressed with it...I bought
the Quidditch book and was happy I did...so far my book collection includes:
Book 1 (Sorcerer's Stone; Hard Cover)
Book 2 (Chamber of Secrets; Soft Cover)
Quidditch through the ages

I wish the soft cover of Book 3 would soon come out....I can't seem to find
the hardcover edition anywear....I guess I'll have to patiently await, just
like the Harry Potter Lego and the Harry Potter Film.... :-(

Benjamin Medinets

PS - I don't want to describe the Quidditch book to you so as to spoil your
potential enjoyment....but it was a pretty good book....

....I'm hoping that Rowling will put out future Hogwart's "school books"
like the books in book 2.

well...after reviewing the list of titles (all of them written by Gilderoy
Lockheart)....she should write a reader's digest version of some of the
stories....I'm sure Gilderoy wouldn't exactly approve of a condensed version
of his collection of stories, but then again....if you recall he was
enchanted with Ron's broken wand with forgetfulness!!! :-)  so he might
have trouble remembering a lot of them.....