 Harry Potter / 37
36  |  38
Subject:
new sets speculation....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:15:04 GMT

I was reading one individual's attempt to break some good news to us...
especially with the Hogwart's express train, and the like....mentioned
something about a large structure....not necessarily castle like -
probably not Hogwart's school of magic.

What kind of sets do you think they'll be...I'm thinking we might see
the Durlsey's house??? this year...but six-sides....(hopefully 4 bedrooms)
with Harry Potter's the smallest (just like the book), and also having
a cupboard on the main floor (for Harry, in the beginning)

How many characters are going to be in the initial line-up?
Harry, Ron, and Hermione....

1. possible characters in the "house" are Dudley and the Durrseys (and maybe
a "plain" Harry)  Dudley would definitely have to have a bunch of
"stuff" (TV, computer, phone, camera, bike, etc.)

2. Fluffy (3 headed dog) along with Hagrid and his flying motorcycle
3. Hagrid's wood cabin, with both a baby and big dragon (norbert)
as a baby and as a growing dragon....

4. Hopefully a couple shops from Diagon alley....If they were really smart,
they'd have generic "shop" and have service (add-on) packs for the
individual shops - cauldron shop, magic wand shop, (spell) book store,
apothicary, hardware store (shop selling telescopes and other gadgets),
etc.  there wouldn't any characters...just generic timmy salespeople.

5. Don't forget about the Tavern with a few people.

6. And certainly don't forget the other jewel of the line-up...the Hogwarts
Train....with a plain Harry and Ron (with the owl), and possible Neville...
don't forget Hermione in her witch's robe and a possible spell book.

7. Maybe next year have a generic "castle looking building" and have 4
service packs for each house,

8. and another castle-looking structure with some stairs and a trap-door
along with a classroom or two for the Hogwarts School.

9. Another important set for the second year is the Quiddish field set.
An idea with this is to use the existing soccor challenge set, and have
the mini-figs mounted on "broom sticks" rather than the green "shooters"
....except the only problem would be the necessary requirement of
having 14 players on the field: 6 chasers, 2 keepers, 2 seekers, and
4 beaters....just like in the game.

10. Don't forget the train-station with the "invisible" platform (for the
Hogwarts Train)

11. Forbidden Forest Playset with several trees, a unicorn (that is about
to be slain by evil forces....), one or two centaurs, and  a rare Draco
Malfoy.

12. The last suggestion is the Gringott's Bank with several Trolls, a
couple vaults, and carts...I guess we'll see the visual depiction before
we can fully understand the concept of the set.....

I think I basically described everything in the story that might be
Lego-ized.  What do you think of the list??

FYI....I just read the story (I bought the hard cover for $15, and I
read the story in just over 5 hours of reading.  I really liked the story...
with him going from basically a muggle (non-magic user) to being able
to do some magic......