 Harry Potter / 685
Re: Harry Potter Minifig Pictures Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Troy Cefaratti writes:
I've take pictures of the Minifigs from the Harry Potter sets we have here,
and they have been posted to brickshelf here:

Thank you Troy.

   Yes!  Mega-ueber-thanks to the guy with the fastest
   digicam in the West.  ;)

So...after all of the discussions, the Hagrid figure turns out to be a
standard minifig head on a custom creatorfig body...the hair/beard is one
piece, but made in such a way as to make it useless on anything BUT the
Hagrid body...hmmm...

   I dont' agree that's necessarily so.  Troy, will the beard etc.
   fit on a head when it's on a minifig body?  Granted, it'll be HUGE,
   but hey, if you want Grizzly Adams or the local hermit (isn't that
   something of an oxymoron?), there you go.

   And I can see myself wanting LOTS of Hagrids now.  A bit of brasso,
   a new head, and a new outfit design painted on, and I have my
   alien giants...

along with the glowing Snape/non-glowing Peeves thing,
this is about the strangest design choice from the sets so far (IMO). All of
the other heads, hair and torsos are definately welcome...ESPECIALLY the
Dumbledore hair...too cool...

   That turban is also ecellent.  I like the new heads, and the
   glow-in-the-dark head will be very interesting--I wonder how
   it holds its face printing, given that anything I ever painted
   or printed that was glow-in-the-dark just "released" the dry
   enamel.

Other thoughts?

   Uh, yeah.  Hermione.  Hi there.  Come here often?  ;)  I'm
   *definitely* putting that face and hair on the Femme Fatale
   from Dino Adventurers.  :D

   best

   LFB