 Harry Potter / 149
Re: Waddaya' Mean...folks on the Internet don't make mistakes! (Was - Re: Harry Potter Minifig MOC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 20:32:19 GMT

It looks like the story may have originated on hpgalleries.com at this
point. See my Brickshelf Harry Potter folder for graphics of the sites I've
seen so far: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=4388

Matt

In lugnet.harrypotter, Matthew Gerber writes:
To follow up, this is the text of a message I posted to both sites:

"Hi,

The pictures of the Harry Potter LEGO minifig you have posted on your site
ARE NOT official from LEGO. They are a custom design of mine, posted on
Brickshelf (www.brickshelf.com), intended to be shared with my fellow adult
fans of LEGO on LUGNET (www.lugnet.com).

You need to remove this article, or post a new version with corrected
information.

If you do continue to use the photos in any form, please credit me (by first
and last name only) for the creation or photography or both.

If you have any questions, please contact me via e-mail.

I won't even go into anything about checking sources, etc.

Sincerely,

Matthew Gerber
matthew@digitaliris.com"

If anyone else sees my photos, or reference to them, I'd love to hear about
it. Please let me know!

Thanks!

Matt

In lugnet.harrypotter, Matthew Gerber writes:
WHO-HOOOOOOO!

Actually, I was afraid/hoping someting like this would happen. I guess I'll
go telll them the truth now.

Amazing how no one bothered to actually READ anything, or check up on the
source, ain't it? Just goes to show...don't believe everything you read!

Matt

In lugnet.harrypotter, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
In an interesting turn of events, it looks like your minifig MOC is being
mistaken for the official Harry Potter minifig!  I visit filforce.ign.com on
a fairly regular basis, looking for general movie news, and this morning I
saw a headline saying "Harry Potter LEGOs Revealed."  To see for yourself
what they are announcing, go to
http://filmforce.ign.com/harrypotter/articles/57825p1.html.  They apparently
got the tip from http://www.iharrypotter.net/news.html.

So...  Congratulations on having your work mistaken for the official thing!

-Joel

<sniped description of pictures>