 General / 9553
Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:49:03 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Kevin Knoot writes:
A tremendous list.  I'd only like to add the "Road" movies with Bob Hope & • Bing
Crosby & Dorothy Lamour, if only because they're favorites of mine, and fit • not
only the Adventurers theme (both jungle and Egypt, and even the upcoming
Artic, with Road to Utopia), but also the Islanders.

Kevin

Hmmmm.  That is a very unique suggestion. I am not at all familiar with these
films.  Are they comedic?  LMK

Mark L

They are musical comedies.  The basic plot of them has Hope & Crosby as two
adventuring buddies traveling in the world, getting into trouble with the
locals in an exotic locale (such as a South Pacific Island, Arabia, the Yukon
during the gold rush, etc.) for trying to run some sort of con game, and then
(both) falling in live with the same gal (Lamour).  They're very fast, fun, and
surprisingly self-aware for the time period. (1930s & 1940s)  I've found their
mix of comedic silliness & action scenes very inspiring for my lego endeavors.
They're worth checking out.

Kevin