 General / 9492
Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 22:38:06 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Roger D. Parks writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Roger D. Parks writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
Here it is fellow Adventurers:

{{SNIP}}

I'm shocked, -shocked-, I tell you!

Not even a -mention- of 'Captain Horatio Hornblower'.

<grin>  Not to mention the recent A&E (?) re-make, for which
a -new- 22-gun frigate was built -and launched-.

Really, Mark-- I'd thought better of you <grin>.

Cheers,

Roger

'Who is your friend, sir?'

Movies, which lets out the A&E production.

<shrug>  I didn't see an exclusion of TV productions; must have missed it, eh?

Hmmmm... a bit narrow on the definition, aren't you, especially since 'Captain
Blood' and  'Mutiny on the Bounty' and.....-are- included.

Or did you object to those, too?  If so, I must have missed that as well.

I suggested Captain Blood, of course.  :-)

Either or both belong in the Great
Age of Sail/Pirates movie list, in any case.  I don't believe 22 guns rates • as
a Frigate, though it would be a post ship (oh dang, I forget the screwy rules
for calling it a "ship").

<raised eyebrow>  Indeed.  However, since it is -not- a brig, what else
could it be?

Cheers,

Roger

'Who is your friend, sir?'

They could call whatever they had available a "frigate".  But it is in fact a
frigate - 20 guns was the minimum, not 24 as I was thinking.

Bruce