 General / 9481
Re: The Greatest Adventure Movies List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 21:27:07 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
I won't touch your Indiana comment until you qualify your statement.  The
Mummy I was referring to was the current version.  Why didn't you like the
Phantom?  Sorry that was Mysterious Island, and it probably should be moved • up.

Temple of Doom is widely (and IMHO correctly) regarded as the weakest of the
three Indiana Jones movies.  Spielburg was vaguely disappointed by the • results,
and he directed it.  Don't get me wrong,I still enjoyed the movie.

I loved it once I got past Kate Capshaw.  Maybe Speilberg realized she was his
wife.

I saw the Phantom while flying back on a bumpy flight from Maui.  Not the best
conditions, I suppose.  Billy Zane seemed a little bit lost in the part.  The
story wasn't focused enough.  The action had no vision.

I thought the movie was very true to the pulp feel. Most of the stars of that
era's fiction also seemed a little lost.  I am not saying Zane was cognizant
of that, more that his cluelessness was serendipitous(sp?).  I just thought
this movie really worked and as a Lego set I would definitely buy it.  Horses,
Biplanes, pirates, submarines, etc.  what doesn't it have?

The Great Train Robbery - Sean Connery and Lesly Ann whatever from Sphinx, • from
Michael Crichton's book.>

What about them?  LMK

Just a recommendation.  Victorian era, based on the actual robbery.

I thought you were putting this on the dung heap.

Mark L