 General / 9333
Re: McDonald's LEGO Happy Meal program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 00:50:39 GMT

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 23:23:51 +0200, Mikkel Breiler <mibm@image.dk>
wrote:

Have you guys ever thought of LEGO Group haing machines to assemble
that many identical sets, like it hard to do, it isn't and when the
machine is built you could program it to do other models as well.
For TRU and other common places. Personally I do care much for the
display models (which you cannot buy anyway) so I would prefer if LEGO
Group massproduces set for this kind of thing using machinery so that
the prices of sets do not have to cover for i.e. every last standing
McDonald getting an 18" display model.

Same goes for packaging sets into boxes - hands up how many think that
real people packagen each set by hand? there has to be some level of
automation, for speed and efficiency, with real people standing by to
take care of the machines.

-breiler

As it happens I do work in manufacturing...  I find it completely
reasonable to think that such machines may exist or could be built.

And I am sure that sets are packaged in some sort of automated process
assembly line.

What annoys me is your condescending tone...  I know that LEGO
employees had assembled over 13,000 copies because that is how they
have always done it.  It is confirmed by the following article posted
by Mike at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~mhuffman/lego-news.html

Next time, take the time to read the whole thread.  Thanks.

<ICS>