 General / 9196
Re: McDonald's LEGO Happy Meal program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 06:00:56 GMT

Ian Sinclair wrote:

Just think.  Some poor LEGO employees had to recreate/copy an 18"
Ronald McDonald model made entirely of LEGO bricks for EVERY
participating U.S. restaurant.

I hope the next McDonald's shooting spree is not committed by a LEGO
employee...

Actually, it's a LEGO employee that's doing the model.  The
newspaper that I work for had an article about it in yesterday's
paper -- I didn't notice it until someone said, "Hey, Mike, did
you read the business section?" "No.  Why?", I replied.  "There
an article here on LEGO.  Did you read it?"  "No.  Give it here
quickly!"  :)

I've scanned in the article.  You can view it here:

http://www.mindspring.com/~mhuffman/lego-news.html

--Mike.