 General / 9077
  Mindfest Questions

Since I was unable to attend, I do have a couple questions about the event: How large was it? Number of exibits, presenters? How big of a role did the NELUGgers/AFOL's have in the presentation? Any speakers? And nice pictures - but could someone go (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) I think there were somewhere between three and five hundred people, about a third of them children. There were a couple dozen exhibits, mostly Mindstorms-based robots. Then, there were a large number of panels (five a day?) and also a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

<snip Mindfest facts> (...) I also plan on doing this. I have permission from Kevin Loch and Matthew Miller to use their pics along with my own plus others that people might let me use. Needless to say this is a lot of pics to go through. Hopefully (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) Cool. From hearing some of the rants about the childrens' behavior, I'm kinda glad I didn't have to deal with that stress concerning my models. If I came, I definitely would have brought a bunch.... (...) Nifty! (...) Were there any individual (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) I want it to be clear that the vast majority of the kids there were _awesome_. Very intelligent and mature. A lot of the "problem" people were in fact the so-called grown-ups. (...) There were keynotes. I was too sleepy for the main one, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) I would like to second this comment. I have never seen such a gifted and cognizant group of children in a single place in my life. John V.Z. III alone was incredible! I actually didn't see any examples of the horrible behavior that is being (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) Not that childlike is bad. :) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) Absolutely not! I think the fact that all of us so-called adults were wearing our inner child on our sleeves was part of the reason we were able to connect with the actual children on such an equal footing. I am always impressed by a child who (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mindfest photos (was Re: Mindfest Questions)

(...) Workin' on this right now. There's a lot. Won't get done tonight. Probably will put stuff up tomorrow evening. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) kinda (...) I would like to second this. Although it may have sounded like we were ravaged by a bunch of brats it was really only a couple of kids causing 90% of the "Kid" problem. Most of the kids there were extremely mature, intelligent, and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) One more consenting opinion heard from: Almost all of the kids were absolutely amazing. Personally, more than anything, I lived in a perpetual state of panic because I've been indoctrinated to think that kids are going to prod, push, pull, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) This is what I couldn't believe especially how they got thrown around on Friday Night. I was fully expecting to be 2 or 3 short but I wasn't and I was very happy. Plus with all the Jumbling that went on I was glad Dave suggested the paper in (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)