 General / 8039
  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) That was your first one? Lucky! (...) THIS is the richest part. People are "TIRED" of discreet banners that take up a corner of a page, but ALL CAPS ads shoved into their mailboxes are OK??? Huh? This probably doesn't belong here but there (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

I've just had a spam mail - from a company that sends out spam mail - asking me if I want any mailings sent out! It appears that for the modest sum of $750 I can have half a million email addresses bombarded. So come on guys - ideas - what - if (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

I would be willing to spend upwards of $10 in stamps to send them a bunch of spam junk snail mail, since they were kind enough to give an actual street address! Anybody got any good ideas on a letter/sales pitch we could mail? I was thinking (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) Hrmmm.... this is nothing new. And ... not really related to Lego, right? I'd change the follow-ups but there is no lugnet.off-topic.was...oftimejunk yet. :) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) A letter? Snail mail? Nah! That costs US money! If they think people love getting email so much, they must love it too! So everybody: get a hotmail account (they're free) that you'll and never use to actually check mail, and email them like (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) No we don't! There, now we can talk about it in .debate (or .fun, depending on whether you think it was or wasn't a python reference) (...) Yup, I get 2 or 3 a day to voyager. And Novera's support email has been "fortunate" enough to get on (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

Sorry, I guess this is a bit off-topic. That's me tending to use lugnet.general as the all-purpose place for any general chats with people I know from lugnet that don't fit in anywhere else. And as Larry and you have pointed out - there doesn't seem (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

David Eaton <wpieaton@wpi.edu> wrote in message news:FIq2Bq.I49@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) them! (...) but (...) Ha ha - I like that one. But I guess it would be worth setting up a hotmail account first just to send them something that looks (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) You are lucky, I get 5 a day to my work email address. (...) I have just started getting spam email at my home email address and the only thing that has changed is that I registered the gmlug.org domain name, they must be harvesting the whois (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) lugnet.general is for general _LEGO-related_ stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else...but not for general non-LEGO stuff. Here again is the charter of lugnet.general: General community discussion of LEGO® sets, themes, promotions, characters, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) That's probably not a good response. It just adds to the problem, and irritates the admins of both your site and theirs. Instead, examine the headers carefully and e-mail the abuse addresses at all of the sites involved, including the headers (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) So is there a correct place to discuss parts (in a pure sense). For example: I bought some flea market lego parts yesterday. In them I found some yellow arches. I'm curious where they might have been used (other than the yellow castle). This (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) Oh, didn't mean for it to be taken seriously... more of those 'wouldn't it be funny if...' things... people getting their just desserts, etc. I don't really think it'd be particularly a nice thing to do.. I just would find it mildly amusing... (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...

(...) .general or .build, I suppose. --Todd (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general)