 Off-Topic / Fun / 2983
Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 14:34:17 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:

Sorry, I guess this is a bit off-topic. That's me tending to
use lugnet.general as the all-purpose place for any general
chats with people I know from lugnet that don't fit in anywhere
else. And as Larry and you have pointed out - there doesn't
seem to be anywhere better for this thread.

Perhaps we need a lugnet.off-topic.chat for threads that
are serious, not Lego related, and not debate-oriented :)

No we don't!

There, now we can talk about it in .debate

(or .fun, depending on whether you think it was or wasn't a python
reference)

And it might not be new to you (or it appears, to Larry), but it
was a novelty to me. I generally get a spam mail every week or so
- which I guess means I have it better than a lot of people -

Yup, I get 2 or 3 a day to voyager.

And Novera's support email has been "fortunate" enough to get on some
business spam lists so all of us watching the support email addy for
problems we might know the answer to are seeing some amazing spam ("we
can develop for you, we're in Sri Lanka", "advertize your firm to all
these other startups with no money either" and the like)

Seriously, maybe we DO need a "chat" if the .fun charter isn't broad
enough. That makes it an admin question so I cross posted there.

lugnet.