 General / 8041
Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:04:57 GMT

I would be willing to spend upwards of $10 in stamps to send them a
bunch of spam junk snail mail, since they were kind enough to give an
actual street address!

Anybody got any good ideas on a letter/sales pitch we could mail?  I was
thinking something like "With the latest word in annoyance technology,
our group is singularly positioned to make your life -- or at least that
of your mail room -- miserable.  Isn't mass mailing great??"

Any reactions out there, or am I being snotty?

Beth

Simon Robinson wrote:

I've just had a spam mail - from a company that sends out
spam mail -  asking me if I want any mailings sent out!

It appears that for the modest sum of $750 I can have half a million
email addresses bombarded.

So come on guys - ideas - what - if anything -
should I do to let this company know
what I think of them? For obvious reasons I don't particularly
feel like replying by email to this kind of company :) It does give
a couple of US phone numbers but angry international
phone calls are expensive.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com