 General / 8042
Re: Well this gives a new meaning to Spam...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:15:51 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:

I've just had a spam mail - from a company that sends out
spam mail -  asking me if I want any mailings sent out!

That was your first one? Lucky!

TIRED OF THE "IN YOUR FACE ADS" (BANNERS)?  STATISTICS SHOW
THEY ARE NOT WORKING.  PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF THE FORCEFUL ADS
EACH AND EVERYTIME THEY CLICK ONTO A SITE.  PUT YOUR AD
DIRECTLY INTO THEIR MAILBOX, WHERE THEY CAN READ IT AT THEIR
LEISURE.

THIS is the richest part. People are "TIRED" of discreet banners that
take up a corner of a page, but ALL CAPS ads shoved into their mailboxes
are OK???  Huh?

This probably doesn't belong here but there doesn't seem to be an
off-topic.rant or off-topic.this-is-a-PITA... so I didn't change