 General / 7299
  Help with Digital Photography

I'm hoping to get my hands on a high res digital camera (1) (still not video) to take a few pics of the LEGO City I'm constructing. But before I do I'm keen to hear other people views on how to get the best out of these cameras. One thing I've (...) (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help with Digital Photography

Sanjay, I use a Kodak DC260 to take my pictures, and for the most part they come out pretty well. (...) many (...) The built in flash has a maximum range of 9.6 feet. I'd stick to about 5 feet though, because at 10 feet, the center will be brighter (...) (25 years ago, 2-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help with Digital Photography

(...) Maybe you can adjust the color/lighting using image processing software like Photoshop? Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

Troy Cefaratti <mnementh@sbase1.com> wrote in message news:FHGHMo.A5p@lugnet.com... (...) edges. (...) Is it right to assume that it's better to take pics during the day time in natural light? (...) that (...) the (...) I suppose it will be a case (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help with Digital Photography

(...) I've just ordered a Nikon Coolpix 950. It matches almost my entire digital-camera wishlist (1), and has a superb macro mode. I'm hoping to get some great lego shots. (1) Wishlist: - Higher than 1024x768 resolution - nice LCD which can actually (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help with Digital Photography

I've tried using Photoshop to adjust a number of pics that were affected by low lighting but the results weren't particularly good. Then again it was probably a case of me not using the color/lighting functions properly or the photo's were beyond (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help with Digital Photography

(...) Not necessarily. I would imagine that you might run into the same problem that i did trying to use the bright halogen lights. (Shadows, darkness, etc.) If the camera could be set to ALWAYS be used, it would be great, but I have not figured (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

Troy Cefaratti <mnementh@sbase1.com> wrote in message news:FHGLIt.GJ7@lugnet.com... (...) I should have made myself clearer. You mentioned the following. (...) I know from past experience of using a regular camera that doing macro shots can be (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help with Digital Photography

(...) I think that I may not have been clear enough in what I meant here. The "picture" that you see when you look through the OPTICAL view finder (the one that you put your eye up to) will not match the actual image capured by the camera. You'll (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help with Digital Photography

I've got a Sony Mavica (FD91), but some of the advice will apply to any digital camera (or film for that matter). The on-camera flash is a joke, and most people on the Mavica boards (eg: www.mavican.nu) recommend an additional slave flash (or (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)